I was wondering if there were any privacy issues with regard to Google Desktop. I would be worried about a corporation being able to view the personal information on my computer.
Google argues that it will never sell patron's personal information to commercial companies. But speaking of Gmail, we still receive advertisements that fit to our interests to some degree. It is hard to differentiate whether Google is protecting our privacy or leaking some information. I do feel the same way with you. Google Desktop can include all our personal information in computers. I do believe that Google can get our personal information. However, Google know it is illegal to sell information after all.
Here's a link to Google's privacy policy. I don't know of any specific problems. The Electronic Frontier Foundation does keep tabs on privacy issues, you might check there.
Google argues that it will never sell patron's personal information to commercial companies. But speaking of Gmail, we still receive advertisements that fit to our interests to some degree. It is hard to differentiate whether Google is protecting our privacy or leaking some information.
ReplyDeleteI do feel the same way with you. Google Desktop can include all our personal information in computers. I do believe that Google can get our personal information. However, Google know it is illegal to sell information after all.
http://desktop.google.com/privacypolicy.html
ReplyDeleteHere's a link to Google's privacy policy. I don't know of any specific problems. The Electronic Frontier Foundation does keep tabs on privacy issues, you might check there.