Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Class 10 Muddy Point
This is not a question, but just a point I would like to make about whether Google Book Search will make physical libraries obsolete. I do not think this will be the case. We discussed in the beginning of class that 61.5% of households in the US have access to the internet, and this percentage is even lower in other countries. Until we truly have universal access, I think that libraries will remain a vital service to society.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you. I do not think that libraries will become obsolete in the digital age. The universal access to the internet could benefit libraries since libraries can win more and more web users. Moreover, libraries provide more individualized and customized services than Google book project. Also, people really need a place to calm down and enjoy reading book in this hectic society and libraries are the perfect choice.
ReplyDelete